Keeping a digital assistant on your Android Smartphone is a good idea when it comes to improving productivity because we’ve entered an era of smart digital
Most of the major tech giants such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Amazon have released their digital assistants for various platforms.
Alexa allows you to talk from a phone for controlling smart home devices, taking reminders, getting any general answers, weather updates or many more.
Amazon Alexa has several features to boost user’s productivity. Also, automate your daily routines. It is very much similar to the Google Assistant that generally comes pre-installed with the Android Smartphones.
Go through this article and follow the steps given below to start using Alexa on your Android device:
1. First of all, you need to download and install the Amazon Alexa app from
Google Play Store.
2. Launch the app by clicking in the4 Alexa icon on your home screen.
3. Then sign in with your Amazon account.
Note: If you find a blue color Alexa icon in the bottom middle of the open
app window, it means that your app is up to date and now you may
4. Tap on the Alexa icon to get started. It may ask you for specific permissions
because it is the first time you are using it. Accept them and tap on OK
Note: The permissions that need to be granted to Alexa are recording your voice, accessing your device location,and some more depending on your device. Make sure that you only have to do this once and they are very indispensable for the app to start working.
5. Then the app may ask you to verify your mobile number. You will need to complete it via OTP. Otherwise, you have an option to skip it. Thus, if you jump it, you won’t be able to send and receive messages through Alexa.
6. Tap on Done, and you can start using your Alexa. Now the steps to enable
Alexa have successfully been completed on your Android device.
7. Also, you may get to see a blue bar, and then you can try Alexa by asking
anything you want.
8. That’s all. From now onwards, you can start using your Alexa digital
assistant by just clicking on the Alexa button, which you will find at the
bottom of the app.
Now the Amazon Alexa digital assistant has successfully been enabled on your Android Smartphone. However, Amazon has eliminated the feature of voice search for many of the Android device models, as they are planning to make a global release of voice search.
In some case, you may have to connect your Echo device to the app to use it.However, the OEMs such as HTC, LG have been providing a native integration among the users for the Amazon Alexa voice assistant.
About the Author: Lily Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.